Unclaimed Money in Oklahoma

Unclaimed money in Oklahoma refers to financial assets that have been forgotten or left idle by their rightful owners for an extended period. For instance, unclaimed property might include savings or checking accounts that have seen no transactions or owner contact for a certain duration, typically a period defined by statute. Stocks and dividends that have gone unclaimed, uncashed payroll checks, insurance refunds, traveler’s checks, trust distributions, and even the contents of safe deposit boxes fall into this category. When funds are left inactive or checks remain uncashed for an extended period of time, these assets are transferred to the state’s custody under escheatment laws.

These funds are protected under the Uniform Unclaimed Property Act, which mandates that holders of unclaimed property—often businesses, financial institutions, and governmental entities—are required to report the presence of unclaimed property after a certain period of inactivity, typically five years. Upon fulfillment of this period, known as the dormancy period, the entity must turn over the property to the Oklahoma State Treasurer’s Office. The dormancy period during which the owner must claim the property varies depending on the type of holding.

Unclaimed money

Looking for Unclaimed


Check to see how you can claim lost cash and property.

Looking for Unclaimed


Check to see how you can claim lost cash and property.

Documentation proving ownership

Besides your identity, you must also verify your ownership of or entitlement to the unclaimed property.

  • Official financial documents: Copies of bank books, passbooks, bank or mutual fund statements that bear your name.
  • Uncashed checks: Evidence of uncashed checks, such as money orders, gift certificates, or traveler’s checks.
  • Certificates: Stock certificates, bonds, or bond coupons.
  • Legal documents: Court orders, wills, trusts, or deeds establishing your ownership or legal right to the property.

Claiming money

In Oklahoma, individuals searching for unclaimed property can now utilize the powerful online tool provided by MoneyBot5000 to facilitate their search. Here’s how you can use this comprehensive platform to find out if you have unclaimed funds awaiting retrieval:

Steps to claim money in Oklahoma

Visit MoneyBot5000 -Go to the MoneyBot5000 website and navigate to the section dedicated to unclaimed property.

Utilize the search feature -MoneyBot5000 offers a user-friendly search tool where you can enter your name or the name of your business.

Review search results -Carefully examine the search results to see what unclaimed property awaits.

Complete the inquiry form -Once you have identified property that you believe belongs to you, complete the Inquiry Form available online. This form will require basic information about the claimant and the details of the unclaimed property in question.

Print and sign the form -After filling out the Inquiry Form electronically, you must print it, as it requires your physical signature. An electronic signature will not be accepted for this process.

Gather proof of proprietary interest -Oklahoma law requires proof of your proprietary interest in the unclaimed property. This typically includes notarized copies of identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, social security card, state-issued ID, and any additional documentation that establishes your ownership or legal right to the property. The specific type of proof required may vary based on the nature of the unclaimed property.


Once you have identified unclaimed property in your name and gathered the necessary documentation to prove your ownership, the next step is to submit your claim.

When submitting through mail, address your envelope to the Oklahoma State Treasurer Unclaimed Property Division. Ensure that your forms are filled out correctly, signed, and accompanied by all necessary documentation. Mail must be sent with proper postage and, for your own security, consider using certified mail or another service that provides tracking and delivery confirmation.

If your claim includes a financial transaction, such as paying for a service fee (if applicable), ensure that checks are made payable to the Oklahoma State Treasurer Unclaimed Property Division.

Due to the high volume of claims being processed, it may take time for your claim to be reviewed. To query the status of your claim, you can contact the Unclaimed Property Division by calling the number provided on the website and reference unclaimed property for further assistance.

Oklahoma Department of Revenue - Unclaimed Property Division

Unclaimed money


Treasurer Department, 2300 N Lincoln Blvd, Room 217 Oklahoma City OK 73105-4895

Unclaimed money

Phone Number


Unclaimed money

Office Hours

8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m, Monday-Friday

Unclaimed money

Start Your Unclaimed Money Search

You may qualify to claim missing money. Search now.

Looking for Unclaimed Money?

Check to see how you can claim lost cash and property.